The SEO trend is showing no signs of doom â€“ unless, of course, one believes in the end-of-the-world 2012 prophecy! Here are some search engine optimization strategies you cannot possibly do without in 2012:
- Keyword Research and Incorporation â€“ Keyword research is essential to improve search engine ranking and hold good against competition. If you target the wrong keywords, you run the risk of becoming practically invisible to online surfers. Tools such as WordTracker and the Google keyword tool can help you determine how often a particular group of keywords and certain associated phrases appear as search queries to the search engines. You will also be able to understand the degree of competition for a particular phrase or keyword. In addition to their incorporation in the actual content, the keywords should appear in the title tag, headings, meta description tags, navigational links/anchor text, URL and Alt Text.
- Fresh, Relevant and Original Content â€“ The content you create should hold the attention of your audience and be credible and persuasive enough to make them respond to your call to action. The updates to the Google Caffeine algorithm call for original content with incorporation of keywords in such a manner as to not mar the natural flow of content. Keyword density should be kept well under 15 %. The algorithm update favors relevant, current and fresh website content and so you should adapt your content accordingly. Utilize time stamps when posting unique articles or fresh website content.
- Mobile SEO â€“ Some of your target audience would browse the Web on their mobile devices or iPads. So the content you post shouldnâ€™t take too much time to appear. The WPtouch and WPtouch Pro applications from WordPress can help deliver a stylish and user-friendly version of your website for mobile phone visitors.
- Ideal PageSpeed â€“ PageSpeed is currently an important on-page ranking factor. Google measures this factor on the basis of a measurement of load time by the Google Toolbar and the response of a page to Googlebot. To improve your page speed, consider resizing and optimizing images, blending CSS Sprites and images, optimizing the order of scripts and styles or taking out query strings from static resources.
- Make full use of Social Networks for Post Sharing â€“ Some good examples are Google +, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Get help from a provider of professional SEO services to work on these and other time-tested and new SEO techniques. This will help ensure that more people get to know you online and buy from you.