Google uses various ways to determine the importance or relevance of web pages. One is PageRank. PageRank evaluates two aspects: the number of links there are to a web page from other pages, as well as the quality of the inbound links. Both inbound and outbound links influence page rank. Quality website link building improves page ranking.
Here are some great strategies for link building:
- Content creation: Create content that would encourage others to link to it. Such â€˜link baitâ€™ is justified so long as it provides value to your target audience. Original data, viral videos, and so on would count.
- Submitting to website directories: You have to submit only whatâ€™s relevant and important to your site; a directory should be selected based on factors like reliability and credibility.
- Networking and relationship building: While networking and relationship building can be a time consuming job, theyâ€™re a very effective way to keep your business and your content popular on the minds of people who are interested in linking to you.
- Submitting news releases: Submitting news releases to share news about the content you create; it helps convey important news and useful information to others.
- Guest blogging: This is one of the best and most effective ways to generate quality inbound links to your website. Again, more quality content creation from your side, but the results obtained can be long lasting and powerful.
- Optimizing your social media presence: Use the links in your social media profiles wisely. Catch the attention of social media users to your website. Follow various social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter and tweet with them, and try to link to their content in your own blog articles.
Link building for your business website can be effectively accomplished with the help of a reliable SEO company which has experts on the job.