On October 11, 2013, Bing said on its official blog that it had teamed up with Klout to create personal snapshots and thereby help users manage their presence in different social media sites. If you create your individual or company profile in different social networking sites, it is quite difficult to control how they appear on the web at one place. Klout-verified profiles draw basic information from your connected LinkedIn profile and display them on Bing search results along with the links to your Twitter, Facebook and Klout profiles (as given below).
Steps to Create Your Klout-verified Snapshot
- First of all, go to klout.com/snapshot and sign in to allow access. You will get the following screen.
- Once you verify your Bing Snapshot by clicking the ‘Finish’ button, click the ‘Connect’ icon at the top right side.
- You will be asked for more access after that. When you are done, you will get the following screen.
- After you click the ‘Okay’ button, you can view a verified badge (as shown below) near your profile within 48 hours when searching for your name on Bing.
Klout-verified profiles not only help you to manage your different profiles, but give you extra information such as:
- Your Klout score and areas of interest
- Two of your most influential moments from Twitter (over the past 7 days) and Instagram (over the past 90 days)
Klout score is determined according to your online social influence. The size of a user’s social network is measured first and the content created is correlated to measure how others interact with that content. Then, it is expressed in a numerical value between 1 and 100 known as Klout score.
Klout-verified personal snapshots with links to various social network profiles, influential posts and Klout score can definitely show users how active you are on social networking sites and help them learn more about you. In this way, you can increase your outreach in different social network accounts and enhance your social media optimization efforts.
The major advantage is that these kinds of snapshots are customizable so that you can make changes to attract potential customers. You can edit your profile data on LinkedIn and turn off Twitter and Instagram mentions. It is possible to even completely omit Klout-verified Snapshots by changing connected network settings on Klout in case you change your mind due to any reasons. In essence, this feature can be used as a wonderful tool for social media marketing with the help of SEO experts.