As of the first quarter 2014, Facebook had 1.28 billion monthly active users. Facebook marketing is an indispensable social media strategy that drives businesses to achieve their targeted audience. This popular social media giant is now coming up with new page designs that will equally help users as well as admin in using and managing their accounts.
According to Facebook, this new streamlined look for Pages will make it easier for people to find the information they want and help Page admins find the tools they use most. The notification states that the update will be visible to all fans on June 13th.
The most significant changes include:
- A New Single Column News Feed: Instead of the alternating left and right layout of the current News Feed, the new design features a more organized look with the News Feed posts all on the right side of the page in a single column. So all the status updates will appear in one line.
- Updated Page Timeline Design: While a page’s timeline in the old design took up two columns, the new design, which features new icons and fonts, displays the timeline exclusively in the right-hand column and page owner information in the left-hand column. Page admins also see a new metrics section.
- “About” Section in the Left-hand Column: The left-side column of the timeline now features information about your business, including a map, your hours of business, phone number and website URL, as well as photos and videos.
- Easier Access to Key Admin Tools: By clicking anywhere in This Week section, you can now view information about the ads you’re running and new likes on your Page, as well as unread notifications and messages. New navigation options have been added to the top of the Page, making it easier to access your activity, insights and settings. The Build Audience menu at the top of the Page offers direct access to your Ads Manager account.
- Pages to Watch: This “Pages to Watch” feature under the Insights tab allows admin to create a list of pages similar to their own and compare performances with that of the businesses they care about. On the “Overview” tab, admins can see some key stats about the Pages they are watching. The “Posts” tab of Page Insights also includes a feature to view the past week’s most engaging posts from the Pages you’re watching.