This January, LinkedIn introduced certain changes to their search engine to help users find what they want faster. The company claims that this instant search experience could save users more than a year of their cumulative time spent searching. With the significant changes, it’s time for businesses to optimize their LinkedIn profile more effectively to improve their profits from LinkedIn marketing.
Before considering the steps for LinkedIn optimization, let’s take a look into the changes that have been made on the search engine as per the official blog post.
- Search Results Based on Connections – users can now see search results that are most likely to be of their interests based on their connections, groups and companies.
- Search Results Outside of Connections – The new search engine gives users the ability to search outside of immediate connections and find exactly whom they are searching for. However, this feature is exclusive to premium users.
- Personalized Search Results – With the new search engine, LinkedIn will personalize the search results based on the information provided by users in their profiles. This will provide them with the results that are specifically tailored to their needs.
- Professionally Relevant Information – the new search engine not only provides faster results of people, companies and groups, but professionally relevant information that can help users stay informed about what they searched for and remain better at what they do. The search engine surfaces relevant content including posts and SlideShare decks from thought leaders directly within the search results.
Overall, this new feature provides LinkedIn users with a best-in-class search experience that helps to find what they want, when they want it, even when they have no idea about where to begin. Social media marketers need to properly understand this new enhanced ability of this popular business-oriented social network and optimize their business profile accordingly.
Tips to Optimize your LinkedIn Business Profile
- When you create or edit your company page, make sure that your company information is accurate, up-to-date and consistent with that in your other social media channels.
- Share relevant and quality content to increase your presence on the network. You can create interesting content with LinkedIn’s Slideshare or easy to understand material including infographics. Try to post status updates at least twice in a day.
- Use banner images to spice up your company page. You can serve targeted content with hyper-linked banners featuring call-to-actions.
- Upgrade to premium account to improve visibility.
- Highlight your products or services, add quality videos and link to your home page.
If you aim at long-term marketing goals, it is best to obtain support from experts for effective optimization. They can analyze your business needs and develop viable strategies to meet them by utilizing LinkedIn.