Having a well-designed website that is in tune with the times is important to stay competitive. Reports indicate that custom website design trends are set to evolve in 2016 and having an idea about how things will take shape is important.
Website design will undoubtedly get more innovative in the coming years, with increasing focus on simplicity and getting the point across as quickly as possible.
- Design Originality: One thing that will be really essential is originality of the design. Most current site designs are similar, and thatâ€™s a characteristic of the current trend. The reason for this could be the huge popularity of WordPress sites and other theme-based designs plus the need for responsive design. Though this is not a bad thing, some originality is important to easily draw attention and stand out in the crowd. Web designers could be trying this in 2016. One expert in IT World believes custom drawn elements and animations could be the differentiating factor. Executing the animations would involve a good deal of planning and effort on the part of the website design company.
- Evolution of Flat Design: The â€˜flatâ€™ design would evolve further. Recent developments in Android and iOS have given more attention to flat design implementation. Androidâ€™s material design pattern extends to the desktop too. It also highlights the importance of the â€˜cardâ€™ concept and its use of shadows, white space, motion work, etc. to bring about a layered pattern to 2D or 3D design.
- Card Layout to Continue: The card layout will continue to be popular since cards are really helpful to present information in small, manageable chunks, with each card representing a whole concept. Their shape facilitates easier rearrangement for various device breakpoints.
- Hero Images: The potential of high definition hero images to grab user attention is already well known. With greater bandwidth speeds and advancements in data compression, the risk of slow loading is significantly diminished. This means hero images would continue to be used, usually above the scroll followed by a cards arrangement or zigzag sections.
- Mini Apps for Micro-experiences: Micro-experiences or mini apps have made their presence felt and could increase in emphasis. While browsing a web page, users could be taken to registration, product offerings, testimonials, etc through a mini app element in the page. For example, by clicking on a registration mini app the element would alter the area to make it a registration wizard. This performs the amazing task of simplifying navigation, quickening the call to action, and reducing the needless scrolling. Rather than having to enter a new screen to carry out some task the mini app cell can allow the work to be completed in the existing web page.
Itâ€™s obvious that most of these trends are evolutions from 2015. But they are getting stronger and custom website design companies are sure to get more innovative.