Healthcare website design is a growing field. Medical practices that do not have websites or those that have not updated their existing site need to understand the significance of a patient-friendly and search engine optimization (SEO) friendly website.
We are living in such an advanced digital age that it would seem strange if organizations do not have something as basic as a website. But apparently, some healthcare practices still exist without an online face. They are carrying on, not realizing they are losing out on customers simply because they arenâ€™t conspicuous in the marketplace â€“ and the marketplace weâ€™re talking about is the Internet, the social media, the online forums, etc. All this begins with a website.
Objectives of Healthcare Website Design
Healthcare website design services aim at meeting user needs. Here are the important features that a medical website needs to have:
- It must have relevant and constantly updated content so that users can find what they are looking for. This is usually information about diseases, treatment and medication as well as details about consultation timings and physicians onboard
- It must have a user-friendly design and be easily navigable so that users can find the information they want as effortlessly as possible
- It must have interactive content including videos and pictures along with informative content, which will make the content on the site worth sharing on the social networks
- It has to motivate people to perform the call to action, which is signing up for services. This shouldnâ€™t sound too promotional or jarring, but draw people to your services in a natural manner
- If all of these factors are taken care of, it would ensure good SEO performance, since high ranking in search results is critical for people to find your site
Now that you know whatâ€™s needed, you need to figure out how to go about it. It is advisable to hire an experienced, professional website design company to handle your website needs since they are in the field and can do a good job based on your requirements. And the primary requirement here is budget. A simple website would obviously cost lesser than one with advanced features. A reasonable level of interactivity is essential, so a balance needs to be struck between budget and features.
The cost of designing a website could range from around $4000 to a hefty $100,000. It all depends on whatâ€™s right for you. Costs for maintenance and annual hosting could begin at $1000. A reasonable budget is essential, and experienced web designing companies can provide you with a competitive website at an affordable rate.
Experience in Medical Practice Website Design Matters
When it comes to experience, it is always wiser to work with a company that has experience in developing websites for medical practices. You can go through websites of other medical practices, look out for the good ones and contact the company that designed it which would usually be found at the bottom of the web page. You can also conduct an online search or ask around.
It is also important that you choose an efficient as well as competitively prized web host, since quick loading websites are essential for user-friendliness. Also, make sure that you demand a responsive website design that optimizes well for viewing on mobile, desktop or tablet. We all know that more and more people are carrying out online transactions on their smartphones, particularly searching for health-related information. Mobile search is on the verge of toppling desktop search and so for your website to be successful it has to perform well on a smartphone and tablet. Then you must secure for yourself a domain name.
Important of Content Management System
A content management system (CMS) provides greater control of your site. It can help you to update your site effortlessly and keep the content fresh, which also helps massively in SEO. The website designing partner you choose must provide you with a site created using a content management system. This could also be a money-saving measure as it helps in quicker and more efficient updating of content. Once the website is in place, you can start managing and editing the content:
- Changes made should be consistent and in line with the policy of your organization with regard to fonts, kind of content, photo sizes, etc. This is essential to maintain the standard of your organization
- A calendar or schedule must be developed to detail when to add new content or make updates
- A team comprising at least two people should be assigned the task of managing the changes that need to be made
Strengthening Organic SEO
The next stage is maximizing search engine optimization for your site, which is probably the most important step to enhance the visibility of your website. Doing well in organic SEO is good for small practices that may not be able to spend a lot on paid advertising.
The steps involved in organic SEO are as follows:
- Creating unique and accurate page titles
- Using description meta tag
- Having easily understandable URLs
Apart from these technical elements, content needs to be taken care of as well. As mentioned before, good quality, relevant and engaging content would ensure better search performance. Topic focus is essential, and your focus should not be on search engines but on your audience. Image use must be optimized, since pictures can influence decisions of people. Include images of your office to project the ambience.
Strengthening Local SEO
Your practice cannot expect to reap the benefits if it does not make its presence felt in your locality. You need to engage your local community, which will eventually help grow your practice. Local SEO will help your practice get found in local or geographical searches. For this, you need to include the name of your city along with the keywords in your website content. Make sure that your full address is included in each page of your site and that each detail of it is similar in all the pages. Your Google Maps listing must also be linked to your website.
A professional healthcare website design company can provide your practice with a website that will improve your visibility and earnings.