Search engine optimization (SEO) is an ongoing process involving the use of specific techniques to ensure that your website is listed in a top-ranking position in major search engines and receives high quality unpaid traffic. It is a great way to increase the quality and functionality of your website by making it user-friendly, fast-loading and easy to navigate. Organic search accounts for about 64% of website traffic and therefore is the largest source of traffic to websites around the world. Here are some best SEO practices that can help improve your search rankings.
Build up Backlinks
Backlinks are links from other websites which direct their users to your website. They help your website to become more popular with search engines. Building more backlinks to your site improves your credibility as well as search rankings. There are many ways of building backlinks:
- Broken link building
- Distributing your content to sites that audiences frequently visit
- Creating content in such a way to get more links from specific platforms
- Posting guest blogs on popular sites in your niche
- Influencing your users to write about you
Provide Valuable Content
This is one of the most important facts, posting valuable and informative content in your site is necessary so that readers can read, like and share it. Content sources need not be just blogs or articles, you can create good content via videos, listicles, slide decks and so on. A website which posts good content is sure to have good search rankings.
Optimize your keywords
Many website owners are still not aware of the importance of using appropriate keywords. A simple keyword research can help you identify relevant keywords that will improve search rankings; refreshing your keyword list and updating the list frequently is necessary for good ranking. Use these relevant keywords in your content for improve your website traffic. At the same time, make sure that you donâ€™t stuff your content with keywords because Google may penalize you for doing so.
Good Use of Social Media
Social media allows you to establish your footprint quickly. It enables you to put your website and brand directly in front of potential customers. Engaging with users through social media helps you achieve better search rankings. Twitter firehose of tweets is now included directed into Googleâ€™s SERP, which means it is more important now to be active on social media especially Twitter. It is estimated that you will need at least two tweets a day every day of the week to achieve at least 30% organic reach of Twitter.
Use of product reviews by users
Reviews and ratings about your product page help to improve your credibility with search engines. Better reviews will lead you to get more clicks. Data from Internet Retailer magazine shows that adding product reviews to your online store can improve conversion by 14 to 76%. This means that the more reviews by users on your website, the more the credibility and trust you earn.
Use market leadersâ€™ tactics
An effective, simple and quick technique to earn better search ranking is to follow the techniques used by market leaders. Try to find out what type of content is best, which backlinks are used and which keywords are ranked well. These elements can guide you to get more traffic to your site.
On page SEO is very important not only for better ranking but also for a successful marketing campaign. Small changes in on-page SEO can bring drastic improvements in your search rankings.
- Create title tags that signify the content on the page, make sure that you include primary keywords. The ideal tag should contain 55 characters with one important keyword. Ensure that you do not stuff your content with keywords.
- Make XML sitemap that provides information about your site. This helps search engines to know what type of content you post.
- Sites should be easy to navigate and user-friendly. Your website should load quickly, and your website content must be relevant to your audienceâ€™s specific requirements, devices, and locations. When your site is user friendly, it becomes easy for visitors to find the required items on your website.
- Meta descriptions are the short descriptions that appear below your URL in the search engine result page. Make sure that the meta description you create for each page is appealing and contains your secondary keywords. This description should persuade users to click on to your web page.
The above mentioned seven steps will help you to improve your authority consistently. Google and other search engines keep revising their tactics every now and then, once you have got the best practices implemented, you can hope for exceptional performance and excellent ROI. Implementing the right SEO techniques becomes easy with reliable and professional SEO services. Here, you get to work with experienced professionals who can create a website according to your needs and also ensure increased targeted traffic and conversions.