Advancements in technology have made building a website much easier now. Website design services provided by outsourcing firms are a great option to ensure a website that is unique to your business. However, if you want to build your own website, there are tools available to design the same.
Irrespective of the type of business you manage, online website builder tools allow you to design a website on your own, without depending on professional programmers and coders. Even if you arenâ€™t tech savvy, you should be able to develop a good website design with these tools. These do-it-yourself platforms make websites quick and easy to set up at low maintenance costs.
Tips to Choose the Right Website Builder
- Consider your target audience and categorize your website, before choosing your design options.
- Check the user interface. Make sure that you are comfortable with editing HTML code. If not, it is ideal to choose a â€śDrag & Dropâ€ť technology that is easy to edit or make changes when necessary.
- To ensure that you pick the right tool, it is better to review other business website designs created using the same tool that you have chosen.
- Make sure your website is also optimized for mobile devices. With more and more people using Smartphones and tablets, responsive designs are now crucial.
- Choose a website builder with plenty of templates and the ability to switch sizes and colors with ease. Do not ignore customization. Your website should appear unique. Make sure that you can customize your site as much as possible.
- Your website builder should have a good selection of widgets and features such as the capability to incorporate pictures, videos, surveys, and coupons. These will give your website character and make your site scalable too.
- Most website builders also offer some sort of web hosting and so you should examine the amount of space you are getting with the web hosting. Find out how much bandwidth is provided.
- A reliable website builder should also include tools such as tags, and Meta tags that make it easier to find your site on search engines.
- Though many website builders offer a free platform, most of them will charge you to use more features. To have your own domain, you will have to pay. Remember that the more money you spend, the more design options you will have.
Popular Website Builders
It is the easiest and most popular way to create a free website or blog. This open source platform comes with hundreds of themes and plug-ins (both free and paid) ideal for every feature you need on a website. However, itâ€™s a little more difficult to learn than the others.
This popular web-based HTML5 website builder will help you create beautiful sites in a matter of minutes. Ideal for non-technical persons, its focus is on providing a simple means to set up a beautiful, responsive site within minutes. With an extensive collection of stock images and icons readily available, it offers a diverse range of website designs tailored for different occasions and industries. SquareSpace is a paid application though you can use its free trial with limited options.
This professional site builder for eCommerce stores offers great templates and uses drag & drop tool to easily bring your idea to life in minutes. With this powerful hosting platform, you can design and create for web and mobile directly from your browser, with full control that fits any skill level.
Though these site builders have assisted thousands of people in designing websites effortlessly even without the use of any coding experience, there are things that web builders canâ€™t do but web designers can. These tools will not be beneficial if you are creating a high-end website, online store, a news site or any heavy-featured website. Hiring a website designer or choosing reliable website design services is the right choice as these can provide your site with added features such as image slider, a user poll, fancy navigation, and robust image gallery. With a website builder, you have to restrict your site within the themes and features given in the builder site. With professional business website design services, you will have your own hosting account and do not have to think about transferring your website from one server to another.