Today, growing online competition and Google’s algorithmic changes are making search engine optimization (SEO) more complex than ever. A proper content marketing strategy can quickly improve your online visibility. Content quality is one of the main keys to ranking high in major search engines.
Ensuring Content Quality
Good topics that provide value can really build up traffic. Choosing topics relevant to customer needs are far more likely to gain visibility. Google’s quality algorithms are aimed at helping people find high-quality sites with good content by lowering the value of sites with poor quality content. Even spelling, stylistic, or factual errors matter when it comes to ensuring quality, so it is crucial to check grammar and spelling before you publish your content. Here are of the important features of ‘good’ content:
- Targets the Audience – In order to effectively communicate with consumers, it’s important to understand what they are looking for and what interests them. The first step in developing content is to perform consumer research to identify the customer segment you are targeting so that you can develop appropriate matter.
- Tells the Audience a Story – In order to make the matter more engaging, tell a story. This will allow the audience to relate to their own experiences and keeps them interested as you deliver your message.
- Well-organized – Organize the content in such a way that it is easy and pleasant to read not only for Google but for visitors too. Fragmenting the matter into titles, subtitles, headings and paragraphs would help the search engines to understand it and also make it easy for the visitors to locate topics that interest them.
- Encourages Social Sharing – Social sharing is an essential signal of quality and that explains why popular posts get higher search ranks. Sharing on social platforms also increases audience size, thereby improving the possibilities of getting backlinks to the topic.
Methods to Determine the Value of Content
- Look At Links – One vector that search engines use for determining the value is whether other sites link to yours. The number of links and the reputation of the referring site help push the subject up in value in the result pages.
- Attribution Modeling – This helps in tracking and analyzing the incoming traffic to a website from different marketing channels. The main goal is to get a picture of what is happening along the marketing channel and also justify your marketing spend.
- A/B Testing – The purpose of this test is to expose the audience to the different versions of a page to determine which version will result in more conversions for a particular site.
- Social Engagement – Social shares are definitely one way to measure engagement. If consumers understand how they can be helped by certain subjects, they are more likely to help their friends as well, thus leading to social sharing, thereby improving lead generation opportunities.
- Comments – If the links get more comments from the visitors, this considered a signal that the matter is valuable and keeps readers deeply engaged.
Rather than simply trying to optimize for its algorithms, Google advises business to focus on developing high-quality content. In fact, you should ensure that all of the content on your website is good as low quality pages can impact the whole site’s rankings.