When people search online for a healthcare service, they usually want a local service provider. By enhancing your local signals, you can boost your online marketing. Local SEO improves your search engine rankings so that patients in your area who search for your service can find you easily. Local search engine optimization for healthcare gives doctors, dentists, and other healthcare professionals the ability to identify and target potential patients. If patients can find your website or Google Places listing, you have the opportunity to bring them in for a consultation.
According to statistics from the Pew Research Center, researching information about the health is the third most popular activity after email and search engines. Even more revealing is the finding that 44% of people using the Internet look for information online about health professionals such as doctors.
5 Solid Local SEO Tips to Attract Your Targeted Audience
Here are some effective tactics that can boost your local search ranking:
- Optimize your Google+ local profile: A strong Google+ Local listing profile helps you gain visibility and attract local customers. Make sure that:
- Your listing isn’t owned by someone else and that there aren’t any duplicate listings
- You provide as much accurate information as you can
- You select the best categories to improve your visibility in local search
- Create blog posts and geo-targeted landing pages: A powerful way to rank well in search for multiple locations and for a range of services is to build out a spread of landing pages. Content in the landing page should be unique and use location terms such as names of cities, zip codes and state as much as possible. Informative and useful blog posts gives Google more content to serve up your site to searchers and showcase your expertise to readers, which will help to convert clicks into actual consultations. Take care to:
- Geo tag your images
- Add contact details so users can easily find you
- Add testimonials from your satisfied patients
- Create and implement reviews: Patients want trustworthy consumer feedback about health care providers. They are more likely to read online reviews while choosing a new doctor. HealthGrades, Yelp, Vitals, ZocDoc, and WebMD are the most commonly used online review sites. According to the Local Consumer Review Survey, 85% of consumers read online reviews and use them to determine if a business is good, and 75% say they trust a business more if the online reviews are favorable. Positive reviews can boost your visibility in local search. Ask your patients to leave reviews online. If satisfied with your treatment, patients would be happy to do this. Also remember that fake reviews can damage your reputation. So take effort to manage your reputation or rely on reputation management services provided by experienced SEO companies.
- Create and update high quality citations: Citations are a key component of the ranking algorithms of the major search engines. Quality and accuracy of citations is more important than quantity. It’s important to have a consistent NAP (name, address and phone number) on external third party directories like Yelp, CitySearch, and Internet Yellow Pages.
- Be Social: Being active on social media sends positive social signals in local search. Implement a simple social strategy. With social signals replacing links, it is important to now use various social platforms to build your network of connections and expand your local SEO reach. Don’t just rely on one social platform. Include Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to your local search marketing plan to reach out to potential patients. There are immense benefits to having more tweets, shares and likes and you shouldn’t ignore the power of all the social platforms combined.
It is also crucial to make sure that you have a mobile-friendly website. More and more searches for health care services are from SmartPhones and iPads. When users pull up a website that is not mobile friendly, they have an incredibly hard time navigating, and it is likely that the user will hit the back button and leave.
A professional SEO company that has vast experience in implementing local SEO strategies for physicians and specialists can provide you with a customized solution.