Linking is a key ingredient when it comes to search engine ranking. Link building is one of the most important aspects of SEO i.e. increasing the number of inbound connections to a particular domain or website and it is a major factor in how Google ranks a web page. It is the process of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites to your own.
There are mainly three types of link building:
- Natural – When I’m writing a blog about something technical, I would link to sites offering expert information on that topic so if people reading my blog need to understand more about the technical terms I use, they can use the links to those expert information sites. That unintentionally helps boost the traffic and page views for those sites. If those sites are good enough, they’ll keep getting linked from other sites and blog writers.
This is the best way for building links and they are editorially given by other website owners.
- Outreach – This simply asks for connections by explaining the value of the content to the audience.
- Self-created – It involves creating off-page content such as articles, guest posts and videos and connecting to your webpage.
Why Link Building is Important
They are a good way of driving targeted traffic from sources other than a conventional search engine. With more traffic and better sources, there is a better chance of the site being seen by a wider cross-section of the Internet’s population. They will get their importance based on the following factors:
- The strength of the website
- Page relevance
- Anchor text
Basic Building Techniques
Guest blogging is an energetic link-building technique to get a high page rank. Create great, compelling, unique content, add relevant links back to your site and send them out to relevant blog and website owners. In return, these blog owners connect back to your site.
An infographic is visual information and it is easier to understand than a blog post or article, and it saves considerable time. This is one of the best techniques that can be used to earn powerful back-links from high page rank sites and authority sites as well.
Nowadays social media plays a vital role in promoting businesses. Some of these social networking sites provide valuable back links that help in increasing the search engine ranking of any site.
- Baiting – Nowadays it is considered as the best strategy to get a lot of social shares, tweets as well as generate quality connections.
- Internal Linking – This helps search engine crawlers to find new content within the website and also makes navigation easier for the readers in case they want more resources from the relevant website.
- Broken Link Building – It is a great way to start a new SEO campaign and pick up some authority boosting links. With any link building through outreach, the chances of success are greatly increased if there’s something in it for the webmaster to fix their site.
Link building is a necessity when it comes to SEO. It is a way of driving in traffic, and a way of ranking higher in the SERPs. Following white-hat strategies, which mainly focus on adding true value to the internet, industry, and customers’ experience can boost the site’s traffic. In the art of search engine optimization, website visibility and ranking is done by this process.